Anti-seepage Engineering of Landfill Site
The waste filtrate in the landfill reservoir area is a kind of organic wastewater with high concentration. If we do not take measures, once the leakage, it will inevitably bring serious consequences. The purpose of anti-seepage engineering is to cut off the passage of leachate from the reservoir area to the outside by using natural or artificial anti-seepage layer. Completely eliminate leachate leakage, to ensure the safe and reliable operation of landfills, do not know that secondary pollution.
At present, three kinds of anti-seepage layers are commonly used:
- Natural clay anti-seepage layer；
- Sodium-based bentonite plate anti-seepage layer；
- High density polyethylene (HDPE) geotechnical anti-seepage layer.
Generally speaking, HDPE impervious layer is a more convenient and reliable method. It has the following remarkable characteristics:
- The anti-seepage effect is reliable. Its permeability coefficient is less than 10 ^ -13cm/s, which is four quantities higher than that of bentonite plate.
- Its construction is more convenient than bentonite slab. And its site adaptability is higher.
- Its tensile strength, elongation at break and puncture resistance are better than those of bentonite plate.
- The seams can be connected by two peaks of hot welding machine. Moreover, the joint has high strength and is not easy to leak.
- Convenient storage and transportation.