Uniaxial plastic geogrid is a kind of high strength geosynthetics. It is made of high density polyethylene (HDPE)
In the production, HDPE is extruded into sheets. And punched into regular meshes. Then it is stretched longitudinally to form a uniaxial geogrid.
The uniaxial plastic geogrid is widely used in dikes, tunnels, wharfs, highways, railways, construction and other fields.
Its main uses are as follows:
1. Firstly, strengthen subgrade. It can effectively distribute the diffusion load, improve the stability and bearing capacity of the roadbed. And it can prolong the service life of the roadbed.
2. It can withstand larger alternating loads.
3. It can prevent subgrade deformation and cracking caused by the loss of subgrade materials.
4. It can improve the self-supporting capacity of the backfill behind the retaining wall. And it can reduce the earth pressure of the retaining wall.
6. Adding geogrids to the subgrade and surface of highway can reduce deflection, reduce rutting, delay the occurrence of cracks by 3-9 times, and reduce the thickness of structural layer by 36%.
7. It is suitable for all kinds of soils. And it does not need to take materials from different places. And it saves time and labor.
8. Finally, it makes the construction to be simple and fast, which can greatly reduce the construction cost.