Construction of Unidirectional Geogrid in Retaining Wall
Then yesterday, we continue to talk about the application of uniaxial geogrid in retaining wall.
2. Uniaxial plastic geogrid is used for reinforced retaining wall
- Before laying uniaxial geogrid, the wall foundation should be leveled first. According to the design requirements, excavation and leveling. Soft soil needs to be compacted or replaced. Compacted to the required density, and slightly beyond the wall area.
- Laying uniaxial geogrid. The main strength direction of geogrids should be perpendicular to the wall and need to be fixed with pins.
- Finally, fill the wall. The mechanical filling is generally used. During construction, the distance between wheel and reinforcement material should be kept at least 15 cm. The thickness of the compacted layer is about 20-15 cm.
- It should be noted that geotextiles should be wrapped around the wall during construction. This is to prevent the leakage of fill.
The construction of the reinforced retaining wall with geogrid can meet the requirements of engineering design and use.
Compared with masonry retaining wall, it has the advantages of beautiful appearance, material saving, investment saving, land saving, and construction convenience.
Moreover, it requires a relatively low bearing capacity of foundation and has strong adaptability to deformation. So it is widely used in various geotechnical engineering.