Direction: “Yesterday we talked about the construction method of non-woven geotextiles in road engineering. Today we will continue. And today we will talk about the matters needing attention in the construction of non-woven geotextiles.”
3. Geotextiles should be laid as straight as possible. When a turn is needed, the fabric should be cut at the bend. Then overlap laying and spray adhesive oil cementation.
Fabric wrinkles should be avoided as far as possible. If the crease height is 2 cm in the course of laying, the wrinkle of this part should be cut. Then they are overlapped in the direction of laying and connected with viscous oil.
4. When the geotextile is laid, the asphalt sticky oil is sprayed for the second time and cooled for about 2 hours. Then appropriate amount of fine yellow sand should be thrown in time.
This is to prevent the cloth from being pulled up or damaged by the sticky oil on the wheels when the vehicle passes through the geotextile. The amount of fine sand is about 1~2 kg/m2.
Matters needing attention in construction
1. Vehicles should avoid turning or braking on geotextiles as much as possible. Especially when paving asphalt pavement, any sharp turning or braking taxiing may bring up or destroy geotextiles.
2. If the paver skids when paving hot mix asphalt mixture. A small amount of rock debris can be sprayed on the surface of viscous oil.
3. Construction under rainy, wet or cold climate conditions will affect the bonding strength and covering effect of the coating.