The geogrid is a two-dimensional grid or three-dimensional grid with a certain height made of polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride and other macromolecule polymers by thermoplastic or molding. It is called geogrid when it is used in civil engineering.
Geogrid is one of the main geosynthetics. Compared with other geosynthetics, it has unique performance and efficacy.
Geogrids are often used as reinforcements for reinforced earth structures or composite materials.
Geogrids are divided into four categories: plastic geogrid, steel-plastic geogrid, glass fiber geogrid, and polyester warp-knitted polyester geogrid.
1. Geogrid is suitable for reinforcing embankments and roadbed, slope protection and the tunnel wall. Foundation reinforcement for permanent bearing capacity of large airports, parking lots, wharves and cargo yards.
2. Geogrid is used to increase the bearing capacity of the roadbed and prolong the service life of roadbed.
3. Geogrids are used to prevent road (ground) surface from collapsing or cracking and keep the ground beautiful and neat.
4. Geogrid is convenient for construction, time-saving, labor-saving, shorten the construction period and reduce maintenance costs.
5. Geogrids are used to prevent cracks in culverts.
6. Geogrids are used to reinforce slopes and prevent soil erosion.
7. Geogrid is used to reduce cushion thickness and save cost.
8. Geogrid is used to support the stable greening environment of grass planting mat on a slope.
9. Geogrids can effectively prevent the transmission of seismic force and play an important role in enhancing the seismic stiffness, strength, and stability of embankments.