How much do you know about geogrids?（3）
How much do you know about geogrids? (3)
The grille is a very popular geotechnical material, which is widely used in road engineering, municipal engineering, geotechnical engineering and so on. There are many kinds of grilles. Do you know their advantages, uses and construction methods? Here, we will introduce you one by one.Classification of Geogrids.
Classification of grids
Steel-plastic geogrids are made of high-strength steel wire (or other fibers), specially treated with polyethylene (PE) and other additives, which are extruded into composite high-strength tensile strips.
- High strength and small deformation;
- Creep is small.
- Corrosion resistance and long service life: The steel-plastic geogrid takes plastic material as protective layer, supplemented by various additives, which has anti-aging and oxidation properties, and can resist the corrosion of acid, alkali, salt and other harsh environments. Therefore, the steel-plastic geogrid can meet the needs of various permanent projects for more than 100 years, and has excellent performance and dimensional stability.
- Construction is convenient, fast, short cycle, low cost: steel plastic geogrid laying, easy lapping, can avoid overlap, can effectively shorten the project cycle, saving 10% - 50% of the project cost.
Mainly used in：
- highway, railway, abutment, wharf, revetment, dam, slag yard and other soft foundation reinforcement.
- Retaining wall and pavement crack resistance engineering and other fields.