How much do you know about geogrids
The grille is a very popular geotechnical material, which is widely used in road engineering, municipal engineering, geotechnical engineering and so on. There are many kinds of grilles. Do you know their advantages, uses and construction methods? Here, we will introduce you one by one. Classification of Geogrids.
Fiberglass geogrid is a kind of geotechnical composite material made of fiberglass with a certain braiding process. In order to protect the fiberglass and improve the overall performance, it is prepared by a special coating process
Fiberglass Geogrid Application
- Highway, railway, concrete pavement, airport road, and other road construction。
- Reinforcement of dam, bridge, slope, etc..
- Reinforcement treatment of various soft foundations.
Fiberglass Geogrid Feature
- High tensile strength and low elongation ：Glass fiber geogrid are made of glass fiber, which has high deformation resistance and fracture elongation less than 3%.
- No long-term creep ：As a reinforcing material, it has the ability to resist deformation under long-term load, that is, creep resistance is extremely important. Glass fibers will not creep, which ensures that the product can maintain performance for a long time.
- Thermal stability ：The melting temperature of glass fiber is above 1000 C, which ensures the thermal stability of glass fiber Geogrids in paving operation.
- Physicochemical stability ：After coating with special post-treatment agents, glass fiber geogrids can resist all kinds of physical and chemical wear and erosion, as well as biological erosion and climate change, to ensure that their performance is not affected.
- Compatibility with Asphalt Mixture ：Glass Fiber Geogrid is designed for asphalt mixtures in post-treatment process. Each fiber is fully coated and has high compatibility with asphalt, thus ensuring that glass fiber geogrid in the asphalt layer will not be isolated from asphalt mixture, but firmly combined.
To be continued……