How to Lay Bentonite Waterproof Blanket to Maximize Waterproof Function Ⅱ
3. After the bentonite waterproof blanket is laid, it should be minimized to walk on the blanket surface, move tools, etc. Any objects that can cause harm to the waterproof blanket should not be placed on the waterproof blanket or carried on the blanket, so as to avoid accidental damage to the blanket.
4. The bentonite waterproof blanket must be closely combined with the surrounding boundary. During construction, anchorage grooves can be excavated to connect the foundation and bank slopes.
- If the foundation is a shallow gravel permeable layer, the gravel should be excavated until the bedrock. Then the concrete base is poured and the bentonite waterproof blanket is fixed in the concrete.
- If the foundation is impervious clay, the anchorage groove with a depth of 2 m and a width of 4 m can be excavated. Then the waterproof blanket is placed in the trough, and the clay is compacted backfilled.
- If the foundation is a deep gravel permeable layer, it can be covered by a geotechnical waterproof blanket, and its length is determined by calculation. The covering part must be leveled. The transition layer with a thickness of about 30 cm and a maximum diameter of 20 mm was laid. Similarly, a filter layer should be laid on the blanket, followed by a protective layer.