Anchoring Method of Fiberglass Geogrid
Laying Method of Fiberglass Geogrid （3）
3.Construction Method of Asphalt Pavement Layer with Glass Fiber Geogrid
(1) Anchoring method
Fiberglass geogrid without self-adhesive can strengthen asphalt concrete pavement. And it can prevent reflection cracks between pavement and pavement. Anchorage method can be used in construction. However, fiberglass geogrid should be laid first. Sprinkle hot asphalt as viscose oil. The construction personnel must wear gloves. The construction methods are as follows:
- AH-70 or AH-90 heavy oil hot asphalt is selected for viscous oil. The specifications and quality of viscous oil shall conform to the construction standards. Special vehicles are used to spray sticky oil. Viscous oil consumption per square meter is about 0.4 kg-0.6 kg.
- When laying glass fiber geogrids, they should be kept smooth and tightened. The length of the lateral lap should be 50-100 mm. Longitudinal lap length should be 150-200 mm. And according to the paving direction, press the rear end under the front end.
- Then roll it with a rubber wheel roller.
- Prepare 50 x 50 x 0.3 mm fixed iron sheet and 2-inch steel nails (high-quality cement nails). The fixed iron sheet should be flat and not warped, and the surrounding chamfering has been treated.
- When fixing glass fiber geogrids with nails, one end of the grids is fixed with a fixed iron sheet and nails on the underlying structure which has been sprayed with sticky asphalt. Then tension the grille longitudinally. In this process, the fiberglass transversely is in a straight tension state.
To be continued……