Laying Position of Fiberglass Geogrid
Laying Method of Fiberglass Geogrid
Fiberglass geogrid is a kind of excellent geosynthetics used for pavement reinforcement, old road reinforcement, roadbed reinforcement, and soft soil foundation.
Fiberglass geogrids have high tensile strength and low elongation in both longitude and latitude directions. It has excellent properties of high-temperature resistance, low-temperature resistance, aging resistance, and corrosion resistance.
It is widely used in the reinforcement of asphalt pavement, cement pavement and roadbed, railway roadbed, embankment slope protection, Airport runway, sand control, and other engineering projects.
1. Laying Position of Fiberglass Geogrid
Pavement surface Layer
- For new asphalt concrete pavement, fiberglass geogrid can be placed between the semi-rigid base and lower seal layer, or between lower seal layer and asphalt surface.
- For new cement concrete pavement, glass fiber grids should be placed between semi-rigid base and rigid cement concrete seal layer.
- For the maintenance of old asphalt pavement, oil injection method, anchorage method and self-adherence method can be used to lay glass fiber grids on the original pavement.
- It is also possible to make 20 mm-30 mm fine-grained asphalt concrete leveling layer on the original pavement, then lay fiberglass geogrid. And then add the asphalt concrete surface layer, the thickness should be 60-100 mm.
- For the maintenance of old cement pavement, self-adhesive method and fuel injection method can be used to lay fiberglass geogrid on the original pavement.
- Anchorage method and self-adherence method can be used in the construction of a new pavement surface.
Today's approach to fiberglass geogrid is here, and tomorrow will continue to talk about other methods of laying glass fiber geogrids.