Laying Method of Fiberglass Geogrid
Laying Method of Fiberglass Geogrid （4）
- When the nail is fixed, the overlap distance of the geogrid is: the overlap distance of the longitudinal joint is not less than 15 cm, and the overlap distance of the transverse joint is not less than 5 cm. Longitudinal lapping shall place the former one above the latter one according to the direction of asphalt paving.
- When fixing, nails cannot be nailed on fiberglass, nor can hammer directly hit fiberglass. If nail breakage or iron sheet loosening is found after fixation, the nail should be re-fixed.
- In order to prevent the fiberglass geogrid and viscous oil from sticking to the tires of construction vehicles and skidding with the wheels of asphalt concrete pavers, stone debris should be sprayed on the surface of viscous oil. The amount of stone chips is 3 cubic metre/1000sqm-5 cubic metre/1000sqm.
- When the air temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius or the road surface is wet, it can not be constructed.
- The construction method of asphalt pavement is consistent with that of ordinary asphalt pavement. However, it should be noted that construction vehicles should not make sharp turns or brake on the surface of fiberglass grids.
The construction method is written here today. Tomorrow we will introduce the last two methods.
To be continued……